eurolotto processes personal data only in accordance with the Data Protection Act, Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta, other relevant regulations, legal notices and/or similar at the place of the contract taking account of the Data Protection Directive (EC Directive 95/46/EC) and the Electronic Communications Privacy Directive (EC Directive/2002/58/EC). Besides, eurolotto has adopted best practice when it comes to the principles of email communication with Customers.
All the aforementioned is in place in order to assure the Customers that at all times personal data is:
- processed in accordance with the rights of the Customer concerned;
- processed fairly and lawfully;
- obtained only for a specific and lawful purpose;
- adequate, relevant and not excessive to its purpose;
- accurate and updated;
- kept in a secure manner;
- not kept longer than is necessary for its purpose;
- not transferred to jurisdictions not adhering to the aforementioned Directives; and
- is utilised for marketing purposes based on the so-called opt-in principle.
eurolotto collects personal information, such as first and last name, email address, address and phone number, from visitors to its website through the online registration process and every time a Customer interacts with eurolotto.
eurolotto processes personal information collected via this website for the purposes of: Setting up and managing the Customer’s account; Building a Customer’s profile; Providing Customers with information about the eurolotto promotional offers; and complying with all regulatory requirements, in particular those relating to the identification of individuals under money laundering legislation.